By Joe DeSiena, President Consulting Services
Over the years, Bardess Group has tested the applicability and measured the effectiveness of its asset management solution with a number of clients in all major fields of endeavor, each with successful results realized both in cost savings and improved productivity. The PETRO® process has been widely acclaimed based on the results it has been able to achieve.
The primary types of offerings recommended to improve asset management within the organization today are:
- Data Collection and Validation – consisting of the assessment of existing asset data collection sources and methods, the identification of specific areas for improvement and the definition of data validation requirements and solutions.
- Data Reconciliation – including the definition of quality requirements and accompanying business rules, and the development of processes and tools to semi-automate the reconciliation of asset data.
- Data Reporting – including the definition of critical asset data, metrics and reporting that can be used to create valuable business intelligence for asset control, accounting and procurement.
- Data Repository – for use in analyzing client asset data management, storage and access requirements; and developing asset data modeling and warehousing requirements.
- Process and Tool Evaluation – focusing on the assessment of existing processes and tools used to create and manage asset data, and the identification of areas for improvement that can yield the highest ROI for the client.
- Training and Education –creating training and education packages that increase knowledge and speed in deploying asset management best practices.
However, regardless of what type of asset management solution you choose, and whether you design and develop it internally or through the assistance of an outside professional organization, the value will be there for you. In today’s business environment where nothing comes inexpensively, the most important things you have going for you are your assets – and in many cases, your IT assets. Only through the implementation and use of an effective asset management program can you ensure that you have all of your assets working for you – optimally, and continually. The value of asset management is inarguable on many levels, and the time to implement it is now.
About the Author
Joe DeSiena is President of Consulting Services at Bardess Group, Ltd., a Management Consulting firm specializing in data revitalization, business process design, and information technology for services-related businesses. He is currently a board member of the Society for Information Management in New Jersey.
He is an experienced management consultant with over 20 years of professional experience assisting Fortune 500 clients in resolving business issues related to the Triangle Relationship between business data, processes and systems functions for services and sales organizations. More specifically, he has directed engagements in services marketing and delivery, business planning, data revitalization, data migration, process design and reengineering among others. He has shared his experience and insights in presentations before numerous senior client and association groups.
Joe DeSiena’s industry exposure includes data networking, telecommunications, manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, financial services, utilities, travel and entertainment among others. He has corporate management experience in major companies such as American Express, Chase, Bristol Meyers-Squibb, Coopers & Lybrand (PWC), Deloitte Touche, and Pan Am. Joe DeSiena is a graduate of the Stern School of Business at NYU with an MBA in Finance. He received his B.A. in Mathematics and Economics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook graduating Magna Cum Laude with Phi Beta Kappa honors.