Service Contract Management Business Intelligence for a Leading Internetworking Corporation
- The sales operations teams needed to gain a better understanding of the installed base of equipment on a customer’s network allowing the company to uncover opportunities for service sales, improve service delivery, and drive customer satisfaction.
- Attempts to uncover customer data from existing sources often started randomly based upon Account Manager requests or gut feel and, in many cases, the effort proved to be more costly than the returns identified after network inventory collections were completed and data was ultimately updated for that customer.
- The sales operations teams needed to pull this information together manually from multiple Business Object queries, SNIF reports, and other existing tools. It would prove to be far too cumbersome to generate customer profiles in a timely manner and difficult to reach the targeted number of customer engagements sought by upper management.
- Bardess Team recommended that a systematic account profiling strategy would benefit the US and international sales teams by effectively targeting customers that could provide the best opportunity for success. It included collecting data related to contract accuracy and data quality, complexity of the product mix, contract value, products reaching last date of support, as well as the company’s ability to collect the appropriate information via an automated data collection tool.
- The data required to support the different factors for profiling customers existed in disparate systems. There was no single tool available to the company to automate a systematic profile given that data resided in the Entitlement system, the corporate financial systems, MS Excel, etc.
- Data needed to be made available to Sales and Field Operations staff across the globe to be properly leveraged for the service account teams to use effectively.
- Using QlikView, Bardess quickly developed a prototype of an Account Profiling Dashboard highlighting the specific areas needed to generate a customer account profile, etc.
- This was accomplished by building a robust data model consisting of data from several existing client databases, systems and tools. An initial prototype was developed in two weeks. Once shared with all of the Sales Operations staff, the project was expanded to include more installed base line item details and deployed on a QlikView Server. Within 4 months the account profiling dashboard was made available to 30 users and has continued to expand since.
- Leveraging the associative modeling characteristics of QlikView, the tool allows Sales Operations staff to quickly distill vast amounts of data to a targeted list of customers with a higher ROI.
Global Field Operations for a Fortune 500 Communications Company
- There is currently no integrated system at the company that allows for detailed analysis of product and service bookings. Marketing , Finance, and Product Management teams within the services business needed to understand product and service bookings from a variety of perspectives to assist in pricing, product planning, and business strategy decisions.
- In addition to using different hierarchies to understand product and service bookings, the company needed to understand the relationship between a given product and associated services in order to support that product in the field. The missing relationships were needed to effectively drive planning and product strategy decisions as well as marketing and pricing programs.
- The Product to Service SKU relationship was not clearly related in existing ERP and BI tools; this relationship was not always consistent from quotes to booking information.
- There was no system in place to distinguish between a Service Product and the actual Product at the time an order was booked in the ERP system.
- The Contract System did not tie into bookings, therefore, there was no reflection or tie to bookings at any given point in time.
- The quote amount rarely matched the actual bookings amount, making it a challenge to understand the amount the product line contributes to the total of the quote.
- Existing reports/tools did not account for adjustments made in prior periods; they simply reported straight bookings numbers which did not allow for a clean reconciliation with the Finance Team’s numbers.
- There was no simple way to view product and service bookings at the family level on a single line.
- Created a process to map non-product defined service SKUs to the appropriate Product. This was accomplished using data from the Quotes.
- An allocation process was created to take the bookings amount down to the appropriate lines booked based upon the percentage of each line’s value from the Quote.
- Current and prior period adjustments were identified in the allocation process, giving users confidence in the resulting numbers as they are validated by Finance. Every number was validated by a Finance Team member to ensure that all potential adjustments were reflected.
- Bardess created a methodology for viewing Service and Product Family bookings on a single line. This gave Product Managers a view of how the Service to Product sales relationship is performing quarter over quarter.
Quality Management Dashboard for a Major Home Builder
- Supporting systems consisted of a mix of unstructured data sources, relational ERP databases, and worksheets.
- Existing tools did not offer the flexibility of providing analysis via the web or integration with other external facing web applications.
- Bardess developed a Quality Management Dashboard using QlikView.
- Within 2 weeks internal Quality Assurance personnel and outside contractors were able to analyze quality issues by Division, Community, Model, Lot, Trade, and Subcontractor.
- Application was developed in such away to allow external subcontractors to view detailed data and supporting images on quality defects reported.
- Shortened the overall time to resolution by notifying subcontractors of quality defects across multiple dimensions and provide visual representation of a defect so that the proper remedy could be put in place more quickly.
- Provided the Purchasing and Estimating function and overall quality performance metric for each subcontract that could be used in future contract negotiations.
Increased Supply Chain Visibility for Leading F500 Apparel Company
- Consolidate data from disparate data sources including external 3rd Party Logistics companies who provide transportation data.
- Deployed QlikView to 33 users in the transportation management function globally.
- Executive Analysis: Overall supply chain KPI dashboard with the ability to drill down to individual shipments by carrier.
- Supply Chain Analysis: Multi-mode lead time analysis and carrier performance analysis. Lane, volume and freight cost analysis and reporting.
- Rapid implementation, many new dashboards designed and deployed within 1 week.
- QlikView now providing detailed analysis of carrier performance which is shared with carriers and is improving their service and lowering the cost for The Company.
- Improved supply chain visibility.
- Reduced transportation costs.
- Smarter more agile decision making.
- Ease of use and simplicity of QlikView has allowed rollout and adoption with limited IT support.
Complex Security Model for Leading Media Company
- Consolidate data from disparate data sources for near real time business analysis and reporting.
- Complex security model requiring network authentication and data row level authorization based on multiple criteria.
- Require a robust BI solution that can be supported with limited staff, time and budget.
- Deployed QlikView to 30 users in the USA. Sales Analysis: Track industry spend, rep, market and station level performance, with the ability to compare against 6 years of historical data on an As-At Date basis.
- Rapid implementation in 5 weeks of development.
- New, interactive workflow allows the customer to move between reports without rerunning query and waiting.
- Robust logic handles year-over-year comparison of ordered or finalized sales depending on needs at runtime.
- New logic allows customer to compare time periods that were impossible to measure with the previous system.
- Centralized management of all formulas and metrics for easy future adjustments.