The Solutions Architect plays a key role in structuring the enterprise in terms of its governance structure, business processes, and technical platforms. This person aligns strategic business goals and objectives with technologies and partners. The primary focus is the business motivations, business operations and business analysis frameworks and related networks that link these aspects of the enterprise together, using this information to craft technical solutions that meet these business objectives. The Solutions Architect works to develop an integrated view of the enterprise using a repeatable approach, cohesive framework, and available industry standard techniques, as well as possessing strong technical acumen and the ability to work hands on with a variety of technical platforms and tools to solve real world problems.
- Develop a business and technical architecture strategy based on a situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations.
- Apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the enterprise.
- Determine key technologies to introduce or remove from an organization or solution to optimize the solution around key business drivers.
- Work hands on with key technologies when needed to solve problems or deploy solutions. This role should be comfortable with diving into the weeds of a highly technical or data related issue to solve a problem or craft a larger solution.
- Capture the tactical and strategic enterprise goals that provide traceability through the organization and are mapped to metrics that provide ongoing governance.
- Describe the primary business functions of the enterprise and distinguish between customer-facing, supplier-related, business execution and business management functions.
- Define the set of strategic, core and support processes that transcend functional and organizational boundaries; identify and describe external entities such as customers, suppliers, and external systems that interact with the business; and describe which people, resources and controls are involved in the processes.
- Define the data shared across the enterprise and the relationships between those data.
- Capture the relationships among roles, capabilities and business units, the decomposition of those business units into subunits, and the internal or external management of those units.
Location and travel
- Remote. Occasional travel to client worksites.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business.
- Demonstrated expertise planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Success working with common enterprise frameworks and technologies such as JBoss, Tomcat, etc.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- A broad, enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, and governance.
- The ability to recognize structural issues within the organization, functional interdependencies and cross-silo redundancies.
- The ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- The ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues.
- Experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business.
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture.
- Extensive experience planning and deploying both business and IT initiatives.
- Experience modeling business processes using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- The ability to act as liaison conveying information needs of the business to IT and data constraints to the business; applies equal conveyance regarding business strategy and IT strategy, business processes and work flow automation, business initiatives and IT initiatives, and benefit realization and service delivery.
- Team player able to work effectively at all levels of an organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities.
- Strong proficiency in one key server side or systems programming language such as C/C++, Java, or C#.
- Additional familiarity with a variety of the programming languages encountered in the enterprise, e.g. Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with common enterprise frameworks and technologies such as JBoss, Tomcat, etc.
- Strong proficiency and understanding of common SDLC best practices, including methodologies like SCRUM and Agile.
- Contractor or Full-time Employee
- Competitive salary
- 401K and profit sharing
- Please email your resume, cover letter and the opportunity of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org.