QlikView Developers / Data Architects – Toronto Office / Remote
As a Consultant you will work closely with your Bardess colleagues and client project team members to develop cutting edge QlikView and QlikSense applications with interfaces to Oracle, Teradata or SAP databases, Business Objects universes and the like. Additionally, you will work with other subject matter experts in assessing/analyzing data quality and developing remediation plans for data improvement. You will design and implement network and system architectures. You will analyze network communication and diagnose system behavior. You will develop and maintain administration best practices. You will develop scripts for administration and solving client problems.
- Analyze, assess and implement data and business processes, perform gap analysis and identify data quality issues within those business processes.
- Organize disparate data sources into single data models.
- Install and administer QlikView software including QlikView Server / Publisher.
- Integrate 3rd party software such as Snap Logic, GeoQlik or NPrinting into QlikView applications.
- Design and develop QlikView mobile applications.
- Install and administer QlikView Server and Publisher software.
- Assist Client with QlikView Server integration issues.
- Develop creative solutions for client problems.
- Establish positive relationships with customers (internal and external).
- Identify customer needs and work collaboratively to address requirements.
- Identification and documentation of process and data quality issues within target business processes, upstream data feeds, and client interface.
- Identification, evaluation, and proposal of solutions to identified process and data quality issues, including the development of specifications.
- Validation of solutions, as well as end-to-end processes, by testing programs and validating results.
- Implementation of solutions, including training and support of client personnel.
- Definition of project schedule and milestones, and publishing of progress reports.
Location and Travel
- Toronto Office and/or Virtual Home Office with occasional travel to client sites.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-7 years of applicable business experience.
- Significant experience developing QlikView applications a must.
- 2-3 years database development experience using star schema a must.
- Strong SQL experience required.
- Knowledge of Powershell and other scripting technologies.
- Significant experience installing, administering and troubleshooting Windows Server and QlikView Server/Publisher required.
- Experience with Virtual Machines.
- Strong working knowledge of Windows security including Active Directory.
- Major development experience with ERP software such as SAP or Oracle, or CRM software such as Siebel preferred.
- Experience with competitive cube-based BI environments such as Cognos, Business Objects, or Hyperion is a plus.
- Web-based application development using .net, Visual Basic, or Java environments a plus.
- BA/BS Degree (MBA a plus).
- QlikView Developer certification preferred.
- Experience with ETL tools assessing data quality and developing remediation plans.
- Experience with analyzing, designing and defining new or re-engineered business processes and related system impacts.
- Experience developing functional and technical requirements.
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and decision-making skills required.
- Diplomatic problem solver.
- Time management and organizational skills a must for multi-task environment.
- Self-directed with proven ability to work as part of a client-consultant team.
- Client management skills a plus.
- Data Modeling and Logical Database Design experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office; QlikView and Qlik Sense as plus
- Contractor or Full-time Bardess Canada employee.
- Canadian citizen preferred.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Please email your resume, cover letter and the opportunity of interest to: email@example.com.