Hadoop / Spark Developer
Responsible for designing and implementing big data analytics solutions for clients. Capable of working independently as well as with team members to drive customer satisfaction and successful consulting engagements. Collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Delivery, and Operations to achieve goals.
- Provide a solution design that meets both the business requirements and the best Hadoop technical practices.
- Perform processing and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Design analytics that aims to bring immediate business values for a client.
- Acquire Big Data Certifications if required.
- Participate in working sessions with technical executives and experts.
- Learn & stay current on Big Data techniques developments/improvements.
Location and Travel
- Remote. Occasional travel to client worksites.
Qualifications and Skills
- 2+ years in Hadoop/Spark development, including Hive/Impala, Spark SQL and Spark Streaming, Flume, Kafka, Sqoop.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven hands-on experience with Spark, Hive/Impala, Flume, Kafka (knowledge of Cloudera stack is a plus)
- Demonstrated knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS EC2 and S3
- Hands-on experience on working with large complex datasets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences or a relevant technical field, advanced degree preferred.
- Strong SQL and HiveQL skills, proficiency in Scala and Python.
- Working knowledge of data compression techniques, Avro/Parque schemas, table partitioning, and optimization tuning.
- Ability to debug, understanding Hadoop/Spark/Yarn log files.
- Working knowledge of HDFS, YARN, Hive/Impala, Spark, Spark SQL, Spark Streaming, Flume, Kafka.
- Proficient in Linux OS (bash scripting with AWK and/or SED is a plus).
- Proven track record of driving rapid prototyping and designs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with proven communication and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- High degree of professionalism.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- QlikView and Qlik Sense a plus
- Contractor or Full-time Employee
- Competitive salary
- 401K and profit sharing
- Please email your resume, cover letter and the opportunity of interest to: email@example.com.