- Provide a solution design that meets both the business requirements and the best Hadoop technical practices.
- Hands-on delivery working on popular Hadoop distribution platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, and / or MapR.
- Perform collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources, defining and reporting data quality and consistency metrics.
- Perform admin tasks on Hadoop clusters, including installation, configuration, tuning, maintenance, and monitoring.
- Acquire Big Data Certifications if required.
- Participate in working sessions with technical executives and experts.
- Learn & stay current on Big Data techniques developments/improvements.
Location and Travel
- Remote. Occasional travel to client worksites.
Qualifications and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven hands-on experience with HDFS, Hive, Impala, Sqoop Flume, Kafka (knowledge of Cloudera stack is a plus)
- Contractor or Full-time Employee
- Competitive salary
- Please email your resume, cover letter and the opportunity of interest to: email@example.com.