Big Data Lead
Serve as Big Data lead, architect, and Subject Matter Expert (SME). This is a hands-on as well as visionary role requiring someone with the ability to design, build and implement solutions from the ground-up while training others, providing pre-sales support, working with clients and constantly pushing the boundaries of process to deliver rapid value from data.
- Serve as lead and SME on Big Data services and technology solutions including technical architecture, hands on experience, certifications, and awareness of industry trends.
- Provide pre and post-sales support including demos, proofs of concept, webinars, and proposal development.
- Contribute directly to Big Data strategies, continuous improvements and helping to maintain and grow the business.
- Provide a solution design that meets both the business requirements and the best Hadoop technical practices.
- Perform collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources, defining and reporting data quality and consistency metrics.
- Help maintain Big Data service and technology solution standards including technology architecture and solution delivery methodology.
- Help manage consultant proficiency and training program for Big Data services and technology solutions.
- Hands-on delivery working on popular Hadoop distribution platforms like Cloudera, HortonWorks, and / or MapR.
- Assist in the management of partner relationships for Big Data services and technology solutions including certification and training.
- Work with Practice Leads to ensure integrated services and technology solutions including the stack.
- Hands-on experience on working with large complex datasets.
Location and Travel
- Randolph, NJ Office preferred or Home-Based Office. Occasional travel to client worksites.
Qualifications and Skills
- 5-10+ years applicable business experience.
- Extensive experience in Big Data including delivery of Big Data consulting services and solutions.
- 5+ years experience with administering Linux production environments.
- 3+ years experience designing, configuring and managing full stack Hadoop distribution (preferably Cloudera).
- 3+ years experience with implementing and managing Hadoop related security in Linux environments (Kerberos, SSL, etc.)
- 3+ years actively consulting or leading a consulting group/practice.
- Experience in pre-sales presenting POCs and acquiring technical requirements from customers
- Strong knowledge of Yarn configuration in a multi-tenancy environment.
- Strong working knowledge of disaster recovery related to Hadoop platforms.
- DevOps experience a great plus.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools a plus (i.e. CHEF, Puppet and Ansible).
- Master’s in computer science or commensurate experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and listening).
- Strong presence and self- confidence with ability to interact with Sr. Leadership.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage time, multi-task, adapt, and work under pressure in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Independent worker and strategic and analytical thinker.
- Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take high level direction and turn into to tactical execution.
- Strong SQL and HiveQL skills (Java/MapReduce, Python are a plus).
- Understanding of major RDBMS systems like Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, DB2, & Sybase.
- Working knowledge of data compression and partitioning techniques, Avro/Parque formats, optimization tuning.
- Ability to debug, understanding Hadoop/YARN log files.
- Working knowledge of automating/scheduling data flows with Oozie (both utilizing GUI and scripting).
- Working knowledge of Hadoop eco-system: YARN, HDFS, Sqoop, Hive/Impala, Oozie, Flume, Kafka, Solr.
- Significant experience working with cloud infrastructure in AWS or Azure.
- Proficient in Linux OS, bash scripting (AWK and/or SED is a plus).
- Full-time Employee
- Competitive Salary
- 401K and profit sharing
- Please email your resume, cover letter and the opportunity of interest to: email@example.com.